Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Alan Loves Swimming

Kia ora tamariki ma, 

I can't believe it's week three of term 1 already! Time is flying by and I'm so pleased that you're back at school and having lots of fun. I'm a bit jealous of you getting to swim in the beautiful - and now warmer - pool and so much wish I could too. 

Remember to pack your togs, goggles and towel on your swimming days and if you're not sure which they are just pack them every day and then you'll always be ready to go! I always keep my towel in the car just in case we go to the beach or somewhere like Orakei Basin or Churchill Park which are my favourite places to swim. I don't need goggles or togs though! 

I asked Mrs Cox if we could go swimming in the weekend and we did - it was so much fun. It's so important to learn to keep ourselves safe in the water as we are so lucky in New Zealand to have such a lot of beaches we can get to. 

AWARDS

I was so excited when Ms Wrack told me who was getting the Alan awards for week 2. 

Congratulations to Room 11 for winning the Attendance Award. Tino pai - fantastic to see our senior students setting a great example for the younger ones.

And congratulations to Rooms 8 and 4 for winning the Ready to Learn Award with both classes having everyone on time each day! A special mention to Room 4 for achieving this for the second week in a row!! It's also the first time that two classes have done this. Let's see how many classes can reach this goal next week! 

Have a wonderful week and don't forget to write and tell me what you've been up to!

Keep safe and be kind

Ma te wa

Alan 💙🐾

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rooms 11,8 and 4-Ka Pai!

    I've been working with Rooms 3 and 4 this week Alan, and we've been counting in Maori and English outside using found materials. While we were doing this we also saw lots of really interesting creatures in Glen Taylor's garden, including some very cool yellow ladybugs! Some of the children thought they were poisonous, but I'm thinking probably just to birds. Do you know?
    Love from Mrs Logan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs Logan - it sounds as though you are having a lovely week! I'm not sure about the ladybirds - perhaps the children could investigate it with their teacher's help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Alan! We'll look it up next week. :)

      Delete