Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Alan and the Last Week of Term

Morena tamariki ma, kei te pehea koe? It's the last week of term and I'm a little bit sad I won't get to see my friends for two weeks but I'm just thinking about how exciting term three will be to cheer myself up.

I've been seeing students showing great confidence in themselves lately which is great to see. It reminds me of my friend Barney who lives in Wellington - he's been going to dog obedience classes and has tried so hard even though he found it a bit tricky....he kept on believing in himself and telling himself he could do it. That takes confidence! And guess what? He passed his course and felt so proud of himself!

Another great example of confidence I saw recently involved a student in room 5. I showed her a maths game I had and taught her to play it. When we had finished she asked " Can I teach someone else to play it?" Of course I said yes and away she went - incredible confidence. I was so proud of her and more importantly she was proud of herself. Tino pai!  
I would love as many students as possible to write and tell me about a time they showed confidence in themselves - I can't wait to hear from you! And remember I always reply!

 Have a great week everyone!

Keep safe and be kind

ma te wa

-Alan 💙 🐾

18 comments:

  1. Hi there Alan it is me Daniel.O I have showed confidence by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. helping others in school and at home.

      Delete
    2. That is so awesome Daniel! It shows great confidence when we feel we can help others .. Tino pai!

      Delete
  2. Hi there Alan I have showed confidence by helping my class in school and at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alan!

    Its me Moe I have showed confidence by saying my pepeha in room 6.At first when I
    tried it was really hard and I was super nervous but now I can say it confidently and I am so proud of myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Moe, I think you are right to be proud of yourself - I know Mrs Cox feels really nervous about doing hers but she does it anyway! You are a great role model. Tino pai!

      Delete
  4. Hi Alan,
    This comment is from Lance in Room 6 for you-
    Hello Alan! I agree with you, I'm also quite sad the term is ending but I'm also excited that a new one is beginning! Reading the blog reminded me of when I used to tell lots of jokes in assembly. I was very confident and I was featured in many assemblies.But here's a super secret, secret you can't tell! I got some of my jokes from Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lance, I won't tell! I think it's wonderful that you had the confidence to stand up in front of the whole school and tell jokes! Ka pai! I really admire your confidence.

      Delete
  5. Hi Alan this comment is from Marion in Room 6 for you-
    One time when I felt confidence is when I go to my tennis training.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marion - that's awesome. Tennis requires a lot of confidence - I'm always a bit worried I'll get hit by the ball! Tino pai!

      Delete
  6. Hi Alan this comment is from Mason from Room 6 for you-

    Hi Alan its Mason here I Showed confidence at school by helping people in class and out of class. How? By helping them focus and helping them to cheer them up and I show it everyday now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mason, that's wonderful - keep it up - that's a great thing to do. Mahi pai!

      Delete
  7. Hello Alan, I showed confidence at home by cleaning up with my mum.
    From Harlem Room 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harlem, well done! I think you are showing great confidence and I bet mum is really pleased to have a helper. Ka pai!

      Delete
  8. Hi Alan It's Rangi here. I showed confidence at school by speaking in front of the whole school for assembly and by helping others be brave and become the best you can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rangi That's amazing! Speaking in front of a whole school can be scary so that's something to be proud of. Tino pai!

      Delete
  9. Hi Alan I show confident by telling myself that I am brave.
    Georga Room 6

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georga, you are so on to it! Whatever we say to ourselves becomes real so you ARE brave and definitely showing confidence.Tino pai!

      Delete