Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Alan and Samoan Language Week

 Talofa outou uma, it's Samoan Language Week! I,m looking forward to learning some new words and phrases in samoan and so is Mrs Cox. So, if you learn some new language or something new about Samoa or samoan culture be sure and stop us and tell us all about it. Or if you don't see us you can always write me a message.

Mrs Cox and her family were lucky enough to visit Samoa in 2019. They had never been there before and thought it was beautiful. They bought home a tapa cloth which now hangs in our house to remind us of our Samoan adventure. I've seen the beautiful tapa cloth in the library at school too - I love the turtles and I've discovered they are symbols of long life wellness and peace.

Tofa mo le taimi nei

- Alan 🐾




  

18 comments:

  1. Hi Alan, you got a beautiful tapa cloth. There are so many wonderful patterns on it. It's truly beautiful but i have to go so bye Alan.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lance I'm glad you like my tapa cloth - I do too!

      Delete
  2. The tapa cloth looks beautiful. You were lucky to go to Samoa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like my tapa cloth but unfortunately I didn't get to go to Samoa because I'm a dog. Mrs Cox said it was amazing!

      Delete
  3. nice cool tapa cloth you got cool flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it Oscar -I like the flowers too.

      Delete
  4. nice tapa cloth you got was your trip fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my tapa cloth too - I didn't get to go to Samoa because I am a dog but Mrs Cox said it was wonderful - beautiful and lovely and warm.

      Delete
  5. Hi Alan I very like your tapa cloth It look's amazing. I also like the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hemi I love our tapa cloth - especially the way it is symmetrical.

      Delete
  6. Hi my name is Harlem that is a beautiful tapa cloth because it has patterns on it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harlem, I like the patterns on my tapa cloth too.I like the way the pattern is symmetrical.

      Delete
  7. hi Alan my name is georga. that is so cool. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Georga, I'm glad you like my tapa cloth - it hangs on the wall in my house so I get to admire it whenever I walk past it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alan My name is Kaedyns I love the patterns and how you drawed leaves.

    Warm regards
    Kaedyns.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kaedyns, I'm so glad you wrote to me!I have to say I didn't actually make or decorate the tapa cloth myself! I wish I had because it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Alan Im Liana and good your learning somoan langage

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's not easy Liana but I'm doing the very best I can. I still wish Mrs Cox had taken me to Samoa with her!

    ReplyDelete