Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Alan Enjoys a Day Out

Morena tamariki ma, I  am finding it hard to believe it's week six of the term! So great to hear from Mrs Cox that lots of students are at school. I'm missing being there but it can't be helped.

I had a wonderful day yesterday - Mrs Cox was at school and Mr Cox has gone off on a holiday so Mr Fairbairn the Chairman of the Board looked after me! Lucky me...he turned out to be excellent at looking after me and I had a lovely time. I took some toys to play with and a snack for my lunchtime, a bowl for my water and a towel to sleep on so I was all set. The trickiest part of the day was deciding where to lie down for my multiple naps. I did think Mr Fairbairn would play with me but apparently he had work to do..... Luckily for me he decided to take me for a walk at lunchtime which was a lot of fun - a new walk to find all the new smells - my idea of a very good time. The day went so quickly and before I knew it Mrs Cox was at the door to pick me up to go home. I tried to look invisible and sink into the carpet so I could stay but to no avail....I was spotted and had to say goodbye. A bit sad but then on the way home in the car I spotted three of my Glen Taylor friends walking home from school and they called out and said hello to me - I was so happy to see them!! All in all an excellent day.

I hope you had a lovely time at school or if you had to be at home you also had a good day - perhaps you did some online school work? I'd love to hear about it if you did so do write and tell me about it.

Keep safe and be kind

ma te wa

- Alan 💙🐾

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan! I haven't seen you for ages! It's all go here at Glen Taylor with heaps of swimming and sports on the go. Glad to hear you're getting your exercise too. Lucky Mr Fairbairn getting to look after you! What was the best part of your walk? when I was walking around on duty yesterday I saw that the junior children have set up some really imaginative houses in the trees complete with kitchens and garages! :)

    ReplyDelete