Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Alan is Back at School

Morena, tamariki ma.  It's been the best week ever in my world!! I couldn't believe it when Mrs Cox told me that Mr Herlihy had said I could come back to school! How lucky am I? I had been missing everyone so much. I was so thrilled when we drove up the driveway and I could see some of my Glen Taylor friends looking very exciting to see me which was a lovely feeling. 

A special thank you to Team Kea for their stupendous effort in writing such excellent persuasive letters to Mr Herlihy convincing him to allow me to return to school. What a great initiative and what amazing writing. Tino pai! I was also impressed by Mr Herlihy's response. The message in his letter was so important and it certainly worked in this case!

If you want something to change you must do something to make it happen. Something that is mature, respectful and makes the person making decisions really think about why they should change their mind. 

I spent a lot of my day saying hello to everyone and being patted - it was such fun. I have to admit I was quite tired by the time we went home and fell asleep dreaming about my wonderful day....

Have a great week everyone!

Keep safe and be kind

ma te wa

-Alan 💙 🐾

No comments:

Post a Comment