Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Alan and the Power Cut

 Ata marie tamariki ma - guess what happened to me! Well, I imagine that you won't be able to so I'll tell you. Last night we had a power cut at our house! I'd never experienced one before...it was exciting but strange at the same time. All the lights in the house went out and I couldn't even see my paw when I held it in front of my face. The night was a black as my fur! The television had been on and the picture and the sound both suddenly vanished. All the digital clocks stopped and the washing machine which happened to be on at the time. 

Imagine a power cut at your house - what would it be like do you think? 

Luckily Mr Cox found a camping lamp and so we had a limited amount of light but not even enough to read by. It did become a bit boring but Mrs Cox took me for a walk so that was fun. We saw the workers from the power company working to fix the fault which was fun. I wagged my tail as I walked past so they knew I appreciated their help. Our walk was in the pitch black as even the street lights were not working. 

Finally after about three hours the lights came on - however it was bedtime so we turned all the lights off and went to bed!

- Alan 🐾

 


2 comments:

  1. Woah..that's unusual. Your paws would be tired right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Phyu Sin, I just reread this post and I think it might sound as though I went for a three hour walk...it wasn't that long...probably about half an hour...the power was still off when we got back. My paws were still quite tired though.

    ReplyDelete