Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Alan's Friend Benji

Hi everyone, I bet you thought Benji was a dog! Surprise - I have friends who are cats! People often think dogs and cats don't get on but that's not always the case. I was born at the Guide Dog Breeding Centre in Manurewa and they have a couple of cats living there on purpose so that puppies get used to having cats about. This means that we aren't scared of them and we don't bother barking at them or trying to chase them either. This helps working dogs ignore cats when they are out with their humans which is exactly what they should do! 
So Benji is my friend - haven't seen him for a while but I usually see him when I visit his house. He can be a bit lazy - he never seems to want to play chasing games or tug of war with my toys but never mind. I love him anyway.

- Alan 🐾



No comments:

Post a Comment