Thursday, March 4, 2021

Alan Gives it a Go!

 Kia ora everyone! I've been having a look at the work you are all doing especially on your blogs and I'm so impressed at the way you all give new things a go. I quite like to give new activities a try even when I'm a bit unsure about it. The only way to get better at things is to keep trying and practising them. So anyway, Mrs Cox seems to be knitting a lot so I thought I'd give it a go too! It wasn't the easiest activity I've ever tried, especially as my paws made holding needles very tricky! However, I'm sure I can do it so I'm going to keep trying as hard as I can and I'm sure one day soon I'll be knitting myself a lovely scarf to wear in the winter! Mrs Cox tells me she found learning to knit extremely difficult when she began to learn but now she finds it a lot easier.

I'd love to hear about times you have found learning something difficult but kept on trying your best! 

- Alan 🐾








12 comments:

  1. Gosh Alan! It's fantastic that you haven't given up! When I was your age(person years not dog years) I didn't know how to cook, but I kept at it and by the time I was a teenager I used to do all the baking for my family, Now it's one of my favourite things to do. I think you'd look rather handsome with a scarf wound around your collar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you say you're a good cook Mrs Logan - yummy! Can you make dog treats? You could bring them to school.... There is a photo of me somewhere with a scarf from when I appeared in the Glendowie College Yearbook - I will have to see if I can find it and show it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never tried dog treats. Ask Mrs Cox to bring me a recipe when we return to school :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She says she will! Yay! I'm looking forward to them already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello im liana and what a mess you made

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Liana, you know I didn't mean to make a mess , it just seemed to happen when I was choosing my wool...luckily for me Mrs Cox helped me tidy up or I'd probably still be doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alan
    Looks like you're having fun.

    Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Maia, I am having fun although learning to knit may take a while! What are you doing to have fun this week?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alan, the mess you made was going to take a long time to c]lean up you are lucky Mrs coxs helped you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Alan you look very excited to try what your mum's been doing! Im sure she is proud of you.

    Sincerely, Monique and Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello Mrs Cox and Alan I hope you are having an great time and what a mess have an amazing time going for walks

    by Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Joshua yes I do have a great time going for walks. It definitely was a bit messy when I tried to knit but I did my best to clean up afterwards.

    ReplyDelete