Thursday, May 7, 2020

Alan Thinks About Guide Dogs

Hi everyone, I was looking at the photo of myself in my Guide Dog coat today and remembering what it was like to be a dog in training. One of my favourite parts was going out and visiting lots of shops - except that no one was allowed to pat me when I was wearing my red coat. There's a good reason for it - you have to learn to focus when you are a guide dog! I also loved going on trains and buses - I even got to go on the tram by the zoo - it was so exciting!! Anyway if you are interested in learning more about what it's like to be a guide dog in training AND see some very cute photos check out this link: it's to the Blind and Low Vision website. 

https://blindlowvision.org.nz/guide-dogs/our-puppies/
Remember to ask an adult if it's okay first - and they might like to look at it with you - I'm sure lots of grown-ups would find it very interesting. You might like to share something you find out with your teacher by doing some writing or drawing!

- Alan 🐾
 


No comments:

Post a Comment