Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Alan at Orakei Basin

Hi everyone, you know that I just adore going for walks - well one of my favourite places to go is Orakei Basin. We have to go in the car to get there but when I was a guide dog I could go on the train and get off at either Meadowbank or Orakei station ...that was exciting but since I'm retired I'm not allowed to do that anymore. 
Anyway, Orakei Basin is fun because half of the way round is an off-leash dog area so I can run about and play with other dogs that are there too and also go swimming in the basin. You can walk around the whole basin but for half of it I have to be on leash which is okay but not quite as much fun..

This picture is of me on the dock at the sailing club - Mrs Cox said I could jump off and go for a swim if I like but I prefer to wade into the water not jump!


- Alan 🐾


No comments:

Post a Comment