Monday, November 15, 2021

Alan and the Rain

 Morena tamariki ma, gosh wasn't it rainy this weekend? I thought it would never stop on Saturday but luckily Sunday was a bit drier although the sky was still overcast and everything was still damp and wet.

I did get to go on a walk each day though - I would never let a bit of rain stop me. My coat is so thick it keeps the worst of the rain off and I give myself a good shake when I get home. I'm allowed to in the carport but not inside the house. Unfortunately I didn't really find that out until I'd already shaken myself.....Mrs Cox wasn't thrilled about that but she really loves me so of course she forgave me instantly!

When I go to the park at this time of year I like to nibble the grass because it tastes really sweet and yummy. Mrs Cox says I am not supposed to because I'm not a sheep or a cow but I just can't resist. She says she hopes I leave some for the other dogs at least. I think that's her attempt at a joke.....

Anyway it was lovely to get out in the fresh air. We bumped into our neighbours and found out that one of them has written a book - it's being published in February and it's about creating your pepeha! Mrs Cox says she's keen to buy a copy. That must be an amazing feeling - seeing a book published with your name on the front as the author. I can think of quite a few Glen Taylor students that could definitely become authors when they are a bit older! That would be great to see.   

Alan the Sheep!

Don't forget to read my blog tomorrow to have a go at my challenge of the day! 

Keep safe and be kind

Ma te wa

- Alan 🐾


4 comments:

  1. Alan, I hope you don't BECOME a sheep or else there might be an identity crisis...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyu Sin, ha ha don't worry - I know I'm a dog but it's fun to pretend sometimes!

      Delete
  2. I agree with you Phyu Sin.
    I gardened in the mist on Sunday, so I'm with you Alan- a little rain need not stop you from something you love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs Logan, you're so right! Mrs Cox agrees too!

    ReplyDelete