Monday, November 22, 2021

Alan's Weekend

 Kia ora tamariki ma, it's been a beautiful sunny weekend hasn't it? I got to go on big walks on Rahoroi and Ratapu  which as you know I always enjoy.On Rahoroi we walked up to the local fruit and vegetable shop which we do quite a lot. I sit on the grass outside with Mrs Cox while Mr Cox buys what we need. I love the place we sit because it's shady and also is usually covered in sticks which I can eat. Yummy!




I've been spending quite a bit of time in the garden and we have grown some strawberries and we've noticed some passionfruit appearing on our vine - they are not easy to grow so Mrs Cox is very excited about that as well as about the flowers appearing on her miniture feijoa tree - that hasn't happened before. Mrs Cox loves feijoas - I haven't ever tasted them but I'm hoping too when they appear in the autumn. 

I hope you got outside during the weekend and are feeling refreshed and ready for another week of amazing learning!

Keep safe and be kind

Ma te wa 

- Alan 🐾

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Alan. I have feijoa trees at my house too. We often have tui sucking the nectar from the flowers and I think this actually helps to pollinate them! Do you have tui in your garden, Alan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs Logan we do have tui in our garden - they like our flowering cherry tree. They can be very noisy and I love hearing them sing. I haven't spied them at our feijoa trees yet but I'll keep my eyes peeled!

    ReplyDelete