Friday, August 20, 2021

Alan Creates a Present for a Friend

Kia ora tamariki ma, well I'm still keeping busy - in fact I've been enjoying myself although I miss being at school. Mainly because I like seeing all my friends ... but if you write to me it's a lot of fun to read what you have been doing. I've had a special project going today. You might remember that during the last lockdown I started learning to knit. Well what better time than now to put my newfound skills to use? I looked through Mrs Cox's wool and her knitting patterns and needles and decided on what I wanted to create. It's quite tricky knitting when you have paws but I persevered and hey presto! Look what I made! It's for a friend but I can't tell you who it is yet because it's a surprise for them. Hopefully tomorrow I can tell you - it is someone you know if you go to Glen Taylor School.

I've also been continuing my jigsaw...more about that tomorrow!

Keep safe and be kind.

- Alan 🐾




2 comments:

  1. That beanie looks super warm, Alan, and it would be wonderful for a little person in this windy, cold weather. Maybe you could teach me to knit sometime? I've tried a couple of times over the years but found it really complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs Logan this beanie is super warm as it's made out of 100% wool. As you know wool is a natural fibre as it comes from a sheep. Did you know there are really good youtube videos on how to knit?

    ReplyDelete