Sunday, August 29, 2021

Alan's Challenge of the Day (29 August)

 Kia ora tamariki ma! I hope you enjoyed yesterday's challenge...remember to check the answer for it underneath today's challenge!

Today's challenge involves dominoes - one of my favourite games. I have my own set of dominoes with Hairy McLairy and his friends on them. They used to belong to Jacqueline ( Mrs Cox's daughter) but when she grew up she gave them to me which was very kind of her.

Keep safe and be kind.

- Alan 🐾



Solution for yesterday's challenge: shapes 1,2 and 4 are not made from the pieces shown. 

6 comments:

  1. What a cool maths challenge Alan. I love it! I'll share this with Rm 9 on Monday! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ms Elena - I hope Room 9 enjoys the challenge - I look forward to seeing all their answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morena Alan! This is a very interesting maths challenge. Here are my answers: 1. I think the pattern is counting forwards and backwards in ones and for the 2. I think on the top the pattern is counting backwards in twos and on the bottom I think is counting back in ones again. The last one was really hard but my answer was that I think that the on the top the pattern is repeating what was already written down and on the bottom I think it repeats the number twice. I hope you have a good day! From: Zurielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Zurielle you have really thought hard about this challenge haven't you? Tino pai! I'm so excited when someone has a go at one of my challenges!

      Delete
  4. Morena Alan. I had to think hard about these challenges! I just love maths as I find it really interesting. Do you love maths too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mrs Logan yes I do love maths - it's so much fun and really gets my brain working.

    ReplyDelete