Friday, September 3, 2021

Alan's Challenge of the Day (3 September)

 Morena tamariki ma, here's my latest challenge of the day. It's about patterns - I like patterns whether it's looking at them, drawing them or solving puzzles about them. Perhaps that's why I enjoy maths so much? After all maths is all about patterns isn't it?

I think Mrs Cox enjoys knitting because it's a form of maths - did you know that?


Answer to yesterday's challenge of the day: 4.  2 days  5. Thursday

Keep safe and be kind.

nga mihi

- Alan 🐾


4 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Alan,

    I really don't know the answer but I love your challenging challenges! I love how you are active everyday to share your daily challenges. I also didn't know that knitting is a form of maths. I'll try and blog about answering your challenge, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uheina,thank you for your lovely words - you are so kind. Perhaps room 5 could try and solve one as a class?
      It is amazing that maths is in knitting isn't it? Keeping track of the pattern and keeping the number of stitches involves lots of maths. And of course working out how much wool you need to knit your garment. Maths is everywhere!

      Delete
  2. Ka Ora Alan,

    I did not know that knitting was a form of maths. I like to French knit because it wan be used for lots of things like key holder. I might have to do this task on monday so I can think about more.

    Have a great day
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lara yes knitting is impossible to do without using maths! The patterns (see more maths!) have to be worked out using maths very carefully or they just won't work. And when you knit you have to keep track of how many stitches you have too - more maths. Maths is everywhere!

      Delete