Friday, September 3, 2021

Alan Sees Signs of Spring

 Kia ora tamariki ma, I was frolicking about in the garden at my house today and guess what I saw? We have had quite a few swan plants growing this year - even though we didn't plant them! It was a lovely surprise to find them and today when I went out I saw a butterfly just emerging from its chrysalis and sitting drying its wings in preparation for flying off. How exciting - I've never seen one so up close before. Then when I looked more closely I could see two caterpillars on the plant - one eating busily and one, who had obviously eaten all it could hold, hanging upside down ready to turn into a chrysalis! I'm going to go out everyday now and check up to see what's happening on the swan plant! 




Keep safe and be kind.

nga mihi

- Alan 

2 comments:

  1. That is so so so cool.
    if you were a butterfly where would you want to go?If you were a caterpillar were would you want to walk
    By:Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jasmine, you are asking amazing questions! If I was a caterpillar I would probably stay in my garden because their are lots of lovely swan plants to nibble on. If I was a butterfly I would fly to Wellington to see my sister who I miss very much.

    ReplyDelete